Dr. Dong Shen
Owner & Managing Dentist
Dr. Shen received her Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry at UC Berkeley and later obtained her Doctorate degree from UCLA School of Dentistry. She has completed rigorous extensive residency at VA Palo Alto Hospital. Since then, Dr. Shen worked at Valley Medical Center and started her private practice in Mountain View.
Dr. Shen has taken many post-graduate courses in different fields of dentistry since receiving her DDS degree, including Oral Conscious Sedation at the DOCS Institute, IV Sedation at USC School of Dentistry. Dr. Shen has also completed post-graduate training in dental implants at the prestigious Carl Misch Institute.
Her emphasis on patient comfort as well as keeping up-to-date on the latest advancements and the newest technology in dentistry enable her to provide her patients with the best quality of care in dentistry.
Dr. Shen has a wide range of experience in different areas of dentistry including full mouth reconstruction and advanced surgical procedures such as block bone grafts, soft tissue grafts and dental implants.
Dr. Shen always holds the highest standards. She achieves the best care for her patients with her skills, judgement and care. Her approach to your treatment starts with listening to you. Then, after a complete and thorough examination, she reviews and discusses the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment options, to determine what approach to care most interests you and meets your personal needs.
- Member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellow of International Congress of Oral lmplantologists
- DOCS: Oral Conscious Sedation
- USC, IV Sedation
- Member of American Dental Association and California Dental Association
- UC Berkeley, BA in Biochemistry
- UCSF, Research Associate of Ophthalmology Department
- UCLA, School of Dentistry
- VA Palo Alto, General Residency
- Valley Medical Center, Santa Clara, Staff Dentist
- UCLA, Aesthetic Continuum
- Misch Institute, Implants, Bone Grafting, Soft Tissue Graft